Across our Junior Section, we welcome older Junior players who would like to support the younger age groups whilst learning the basics of hockey coaching.
Many young players ask to use helping out at Junior Hockey training as the Volunteering part of the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme or some just want to put something back into the club by learning how to coach hockey.
For the new 2021-2022 Season, we are launching a new C and F Young Leaders Scheme. Through this, young hockey players can complete their DofE Volunteering, support the adult coaches in an age group and also learn how to umpire small matches.
Due to the relatively small size of our Junior Section, we are only able to accomodate up to 2 Young Leaders per age group. Applications to be considered to be enrolled on this scheme should be sent to Alison Butler (email@example.com).
Expectations of C and F Young Leaders
- Regular attendance
- Help with warm up
- Set up equipment/clear up afterwards – put away if not required by next group
- Support children with activities – do not over dominate and ‘show off’
- Do not stand and chat/play about with other Young Leaders
- Listen to adult coaches to ensure full understanding of the exercise etc
- More experienced Leaders will be expected to design some warm up exercises
- Help out at Home Festivals – to include umpiring some small matches
In recognition of regular attendance and postive input to sessions, a C and F Young Leaders t-shirt will be awarded after a minumum of 6 weeks.